A Dog With a Bone: The World of Pup Play
Man’s best friend is loved the world over. Humans cherish their dogs, lavishing them with praise, attention and love. Some people though, wonder what it’s like on the other side of this relationship, and explore it through petplay. Like many aspects of BDSM and more unusual sexual practises, pup play can be a great way for two people to show how much they love and care for one another, through the medium of roleplay.
Traits of pup play
While many types of petplay will be desired for a few specific aspects of the chosen animal’s lifestyle or personality, pup play is generally just seen as fun. Everyone will have seen the playfulness of a puppy, the wonder when they encounter new things, and the love they have for their owners. Pup players want to experience this, and provide their owners with the same love and affection.
Many pup players enjoy making frequent use of latex, using it in many of their clothing choices. This definitely isn’t necessary, so don’t feel like you have to do it. It just seems to have developed over time to be a choice that many pup and owner combinations have made.
Pup play accessories
Pup players are lucky when it comes to accessories. There are tons to choose from, allowing you to tailor your roleplaying experience to exactly the level you wish. Some will be happy with simple ears and actions. Others want to fully embrace the puppy lifestyle. Here are some things that can help you:
- Collars: These are probably the most iconic piece of equipment a real dog will carry. You can equip your pup with a collar just as you would a real dog. As they progress in their training, some owners like to give their puppies more elaborate and intricate collars.
- Tail butt plugs: Wearing a tail butt plug gives a very good impression of a real tail. It’s as close as humans can get to having a tail, so there are many different designs, some perfect for pups.
- Leads: If you want to take your pup out for a walk, a lead will make the experience an extra step more authentic.
- Bowls: If you choose to incorporate food into your pup play, feeding from a bowl can make the pup feel even more genuine.
- Humblers: These attach to the ankles and testicles, and prevent a man from standing. This forces him to stay on all fours just like a puppy.
- Bondage: If you don’t like the idea of a humbler (or are female), then bondage can fulfil the same role, restricting movement and forcing someone to stay on their hands and knees.
- Shock Collars: Sometimes used in training real dogs, shock collars can add an extra level of tension to your training roleplay. Use these with caution as they can cause damage to humans.
Pup play events
Events are held all over the world for pup players to attend and enjoy. Some are simply meets, letting you get to know people with similar interests and share tips. Others take on much more official forms, having shows to test a pup’s obedience or training, with rewards at the end.Events can be a great place to get started learning about pup play. If you can’t find any near you though, there’s a massive range of resources online to answer any questions you might have. Ultimately though, trying it for yourself is the best way to see if you like it. You never know, you might just find something worth